Fulfill Your Dreams

Fulfill Your Dreams
Only You Can Change Your Life

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Promise of Hope

I bought wildflower seeds today for a dollar.

I was in the store, shopping for only a few items, toiletries. Flower seeds were not on my list. However, when I saw them in a box on the shelf, I felt compelled to buy them. To me, they weren't just dry seeds, but a promise of hope.

Several days ago, in my doctor's office, I found that I would need to have surgery in the near future. It wasn't totally unexpected as I'd been having some symptoms and knew something would have to be done. Still, thinking of it, gave me an opportunity to pause, consider the loose ends in my life, and figure out how much time I might have to put things in order since I'll probably be out of commission for awhile.

The next few days I found myself working at a frenzied pace, trying to get ahead both at work and at home, preparing. Today, a small thing, a box of flower seeds, helped me to slow down a bit. I realized that, although I was accomplishing much, I wasn't doing much to prepare my body, soul and spirit for what lay ahead.

Do you have something coming up in your life that you need to prepare for? Are there stressors headed your way? Take time today to plan for taking care of you, inside and out. When we have rest and relaxation and peace of mind, we can face challenges so much better. In the store, when I picked up the box, I noticed the picture showed a myriad of flowers in luminous colors.

I already know in which part of the yard I plan to plant them in a few weeks when the weather turns warm. I visualize their radiance gracing the lawn, their unique scents filling the air as I walk through them marveling at their brilliance.

The walk, good for the body.
The scene, good for the soul.
The serenity, good for the spirit.

What I do know is that the promise the wildflowers bring is a promise of hope.

I bought wildflower seeds today for a dollar.

To me, they were priceless.

Jean

No comments: