Fulfill Your Dreams

Fulfill Your Dreams
Only You Can Change Your Life

Monday, April 26, 2010

Never Too Old to Learn

It amazes me how easy technology comes to the youngest of us. For instance, in the United States, there is a television commercial that features a four-year-old girl who is expertly using a computer program to make a picture of her fish Dorkie 'better' and email it to her family. Plus, I know of teenagers who send text messages from phones in their pockets, without ever looking at the keyboard. Then there are the wiz kids who spend hours writing computer programs. Today, my challenge is to put this blog on some RSS directories in order to create more exposure.

Simple? Let's just say, maybe I should have called the wiz kids to help! Still, I did have a couple of responses on my Facebook page when I posed the question about RSS feeds. (Thanks, guys)!

I decided to try my hand at it...with just one directory to start with. Hope I get this right. Time will tell.

Have you ever tried something for the first time and wondered, how in the world the younger generation found it so much easier? Still, I think as we grow older (and wiser!) we should never pass by those opportunites to learn, to grow, to expand our knowledge and skills.

What can you try today that you've never tried before? It may be something technical or not. What about learning to grow a better garden? Or learning how to knit a scarf? What about learning how to use MS Access? Or how to hang glide?

Many times we find that trying new things is exhiliarating. At the least, we'll definitely have a sense of accomplishment. I challenge you, today, to try something new, to spread your wings. After all, you're never too old to learn.

Jean

No comments: