Fulfill Your Dreams

Fulfill Your Dreams
Only You Can Change Your Life

Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!

As you go through this holiday season, take time to enjoy those special moments, those moments with family and friends. Take comfort in knowing your gifts of friendship and love are long-lasting and make the greatest impact. I don't remember much about the gifts I've received over the years as much as I appreciated them. But I do remember the happy times, the joys shared with loved ones. And, at Christmastime, that has made all the difference.


While there may be moments when you feel sadness, maybe memories of a loved one no longer with you bring a tear to your eye, know that this Christmas brings great potential for happiness, and you have the power to make that happen. Over the years, I’ve found several ways that help take my loneliness out of Christmas and today, I’ll share 3 of them as my Christmas gift to you.


  1. Feed your soul- Use the time you may have away from work and other activities to feed your soul. So often I find myself neglecting the spiritual part of me. (Not to mention the physical part, but that’s a whole nuther story)! We have so many resources at the ready to provide encouragement, healing, uplifting of our souls. Reading a scripture, singing or listening to soothing music, spending some quiet time in meditation and prayer. These are ways that I’ve found rejuvenate me and feed my soul. Sometimes, and this is really fun, putting on some upbeat Christmas music while I bake Christmas goodies does the trick. Now, does this keep me from feeling sad? Not completely. Often a Christmas song will evoke a precious memory, but there’s joy within the sadness, and the memories are sweet.

  2. Give to others- There is so much joy in giving to others. Whether you provide a monetary gift to the less fortunate or donate food, toys or clothes, you’ll receive a blessing. And, you know, sometimes if the recipient of our gifts aren’t all they appear to be, it makes us feel bad. If that happens, know that you gave for the right reasons and bask in that knowledge. And know that, because you gave, you’ll be blessed. Helping others at Christmas and all year through is really what it’s all about and, when you give, that echoes the gift of God’s son, Jesus, whom we celebrate. He truly is the reason for the season. Celebrate Him by giving to others.

  3. Host your own party- If you find that you’ll be alone on Christmas (and you’d prefer to enjoy the company of others), don’t wait for an invitation, host a party. Several years ago, I began inviting friends, family & neighbors over on Christmas evening for hors d'oeuvres and a time of fellowship. Nothing fancy. Nothing that took a lot of preparation. (Of course, it did force me to clean the house)! Some years there are few that show and it’s a cozy and intimate time. Some years there are many and a more party-like atmosphere. Every year, it’s a time of happiness and joy. Now, it’s become one of my Christmas traditions. And one that I, and others, thoroughly enjoy. All because I didn’t want to feel lonely at Christmas.

    So, if you find yourself feeling less than joyful this Christmas season, I hope that what I’ve found to help me will help you as well. After all, Christmas only comes once a year; enjoy the joy of Christmas! Bask in it!

Merry Christmas!


Jean

Click here for more!

No comments: